Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) produces a series of academic publications to disseminate the results of research in the following areas:
- systematic and other studies of the terrestrial, marine and freshwater flora and fauna of the Northern Territory, tropical Australia, Southeast Asia and the Indo-Pacific
- Australian Aboriginal, Southeast Asian and Oceanic Art, material culture and archaeology
- Northern Territory and oceanic history and archaeology.
Go to The Beagle.
Go to research reports.
Recent publications by MAGNT Natural Sciences staff
Used to publish longer or significant articles, distributed with The Beagle.
Contact the Peter Spillett Library if you want to buy a copy of these monographs:
- Ten shipwrecks of the Northern Territory - Paul Clark 2008, $20.00
- Skinks of the Northern Territory - Paul Horner 1992, $19.95
- From palaeoart to casual paintings - George Chaloupka 1984
- Sigmaxinella soelae and Desmacella ithystela: two new Desmacellid sponges (Porifera, Axinellida, Desmacellidae) from the Northwest shelf of Western Australia, with a revision of the family Desmacellidae - John N.A. Hooper 1984
- Recent marine ostracoda (crustacea) from Darwin and north-western Australia - H.V. Howe and K.G. McKenzie 1989
The following monographs are out of print:
- Riji and Jakuli: Kimberley pearl shell in Aboriginal Australia - Kim Akerman with John Stanton 1994
- Freshwater fishes of the Northern Territory - Helen Larson and Keith C Martin
Last updated: 28 November 2017