Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Parliamentary Library Service
The Northern Territory Library administers the Parliamentary Library Service, which supports the members and committees of the Legislative Assembly, by providing parliamentary library and information services.
Who can use the service
The Parliamentary Library Service is for the following:
- members of the Legislative Assembly
- staff of members of the Legislative Assembly
- staff of the Department of the Legislative Assembly
- staff of the Office of the Administrator
- staff of parliamentary libraries from other jurisdictions
- former members of the Legislative Assembly
- members of other Parliaments
- Parliamentary interns or trainees.
The Parliamentary Library Service is on level 1, Northern Territory Library, Parliament House in Darwin. Use lift 4 to access the service.
Manager, Parliamentary Library Service: (08) 899 97442
Visitor Experience Librarian: (08) 8999 6017
Open Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.00pm
Open Parliamentary sitting days, 8am to to 8pm.
eResources for Parliamentary Library Services
Go to eResources for a full list of online resources.
Informit has select databases and some full text, indexing a wide range of Australian scholarly information.
Subjects range from architecture, business and management, education and research, health (medicine), history and heritage, indigenous peoples, law, crime and justice, and social sciences.
Go to Informit.
Go to Ebsco.
There are four databases to select for research in Ebsco:
- Academic Search Complete
- Australian and New Zealand Reference Centre
- Business Source Complete
- Masterfile premier.
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2011 NT Census Quickstats
Read about other Parliaments in Australia.
Last updated: 30 October 2017