Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
You will find information on this page about the sport programs coordinated by the Northern Territory Institute of Sport (NTIS).
NTIS oversees 10 sport programs that are athlete focused, coach managed and expert supported.
Sport Program services
The Sport Program Unit links the NTIS, Northern Territory (NT) peak sporting bodies and national sporting organisations by managing sport agreements.
The Sport Program Unit provides all of the following:
- coach recruitment, retention, support and welfare
- coach scholarships and professional development
- programmed Daily Training Environment video reviews
- athlete scholarships
- scholarship athlete financial funding through Direct Athlete Support
- athlete results tracking and recognition of achievements
- coach / athlete / parent inductions and community education
- mid-year and end of year program reviews
- managing sport agreements and letters of understanding
- policy development and implementation, including member protection, anti-doping and codes of conduct for athletes and coaches
- risk management.
The following sports are supported with NTIS sport programs:
- rugby league
The Sport Program Unit helps NTIS coaches with all of the following:
- strategic management
- overseeing annual training
- competition plans
- setting, assessing and reporting of key performance objectives
- individual athlete programs.
Last updated: 11 October 2017