Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Officiating in sport and active recreation
The Northern Territory Institute of Sport coordinates a number of programs, and services to:
- Support NT Peak Sporting Bodies (PSB's) to facilitate the development of NT Officials through best practice processes & opportunities to perform at all levels of the sport pathway (from beginner to elite).
- Promote achievement as well as the importance and value of coaching to the greater community
- Develop official developers/mentors/coordinators/coaches
- Establish officiating and coaching networks across the NT
Officials are an integral part of sports. As the judicator of competition, it is important for officials to develop and increase their sporting knowledge by learning new skills through education, training and mentoring. An official’s sole purpose is to maintain a fair, safe and enjoyable environment for all participants, including spectators.
NTIS officiating scholarship program
The NTIS Officiating Scholarship Program is targeted at NT Peak Sporting Bodies who operate a National Officiating Accreditation Scheme (NOAS) or equivalent and accredited individual officials.
The Program has two funding categories:
Category 1: Peak Sporting Bodies
NT Peak Sporting Bodies as recognised by the NT Department of Tourism and Culture.
Category 2: Individuals
- A resident of the NT with minimum NOAS or equivalent qualifications in their chosen sport (evidence must be provided); who also has:
- The desire to further their abilities and officiate at a higher level in their sport;
- Is actively officiating in the NT.
The objectives of the scholarship are:
- To develop higher level of officiating skills, knowledge and experience;
- To increase the number of higher qualified officials practicing in the NT;
- To provide recognition for officials; and
- To develop officiating mentors/coaches/coordinators/assessors.
2016-17 Round 2 applications closed.
For more information on Officiating contact:
Phone: (08) 8922 6841