Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Officiating in sport
The Northern Territory Institute of Sport coordinates a number of programs, and services to:
- Support NT Peak Sporting Bodies (PSB's) to facilitate the development of NT Officials through best practice processes and opportunities to perform at all levels of the sport pathway (from beginner to elite)
- Promote achievement as well as the importance and value of officiating to the greater community
- Develop officiating coaches/educators
- Establish officiating networks across the NT
Officials are an integral part of sports. As the judicator of competition, it is important for officials to develop and increase their sporting knowledge by learning new skills through education, training and mentoring. An official’s main purpose is to maintain a fair, safe and enjoyable environment for all participants.
NTIS officiating development program
The NTIS Officiating Development Program is available to NT Peak Sporting Bodies that have an officiating accreditation framework and pathway.
In the 2017-18 financial year, there are two rounds of funding; October 2017 and March 2018.
The Program has two funding categories:
Category 1: Accreditation Courses and Competitions
Category 2: Officiating Coaches/Educators
Development program objectives
- To improve the skills, knowledge and experience of accredited officials participating in the NT
- To increase the number of higher qualified officials practicing in the NT Strengthen the capability and capacity of sport organisations to asses, coach, and educate other NT officials
2017-18 round 1 applications have closed.
Applications for round 2 will open on 26 February 2018.
For more information on Officiating contact:
Phone: (08) 8922 6841