Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Working in collaboration with sports, the Northern Territory Institute of Sport (NTIS) Officiating Scholarship Program aims to accelerate the training and development of qualified and currently active officials.
Northern Territory Institute of Sport (NTIS) Officiating Scholarship Program
The NTIS Officiating Scholarship Program is targeted at NT Peak Sporting Bodies who operate a National Officiating Accreditation Scheme (NOAS) or equivalent and accredited individual officials.
The Program has two funding categories:
Category 1: Peak Sporting Bodies
NT Peak Sporting Bodies as recognised by the NT Department of Tourism and Culture.
Category 2: Individuals
- A resident of the NT with minimum NOAS or equivalent qualifications in their chosen sport (evidence must be provided); who also has:
- The desire to further their abilities and officiate at a higher level in their sport;
- Is actively officiating in the NT.
Who cannot apply?
- Clubs, associations, organisations that do not meet the department's definition of a NT Peak Sporting Body;
- Parents and citizens/parents and friends associations;
- State and federal government departments;
- For-profit groups/commercial organisations;
- Tertiary education institutions, school councils, student groups;
- Organisations or individuals that are not based in the NT; and
- Organisations or individuals with outstanding government grant acquittals.
The objectives of the scholarship are:
- To develop higher level of officiating skills, knowledge and experience;
- To increase the number of higher qualified officials practicing in the NT;
- To provide recognition for officials; and
- To develop officiating mentors/coaches/coordinators/assessors.
It is recommended you should read the guidelines before you apply for the 2016-17 Officiating Scholarship.
Applications are now being accepted until 31 March 2017.
Applications closed for 2017.
For more information on the Officiating Scholarship contact:
Phone: (08) 8922 6841
National Officiating Scholarships
The Australian Sports Commission provides a range of initiatives and resources to assist high performance officials in their continued education and development.
For more information on National Officiating Scholarship go to:
Last updated: 03 April 2017