Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Rewards are generally not vital in the recruitment of officials, most will do it for non-financial reasons but rewards will assist in the retention of officials.
For most officials the enjoyment of being involved can be diminished by the significant cost to stay involved.
Such costs include; travel to training and matches, entry costs to enter the match arena, mobile phone calls, fees to attend training courses, purchase of report resources, and in kind costs - eg; time away from family and friends.
Clubs/Associations can assist in retaining officials in the following ways:
- Smile, say hello and thank your officials regularly
- Send welcome letters when officials are first recruited
- Write letters or postcards of thanks to officials
- Provide identification pins, badges, shirts or caps
- Acknowledge and profile officials in newsletters and on websites
- Present annual volunteer awards
- Nominate officials at NT Sports Awards or NSO Officiating Awards
- Send get well, birthday and Christmas cards to you officials
- Award life memberships for long serving officials
- Present special awards for 1, 5, 10, 15 and more years of service or 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 matches adjudicated.
- Farwell officials when they move away from the area or leave the organisation