Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
NTIS high performance officiating program
The Northern Territory Institute of Sport (NTIS) High Performance Officiating Program (HPOP) provides opportunities and encourages officials from the Northern Territory (NT) to aspire to and achieve high level national and international standards of officiating within their sport. By bringing officials and mentors together from various NT sports it will encourage and engage with each other to stimulate development of themselves and NT officials in general.
The HPOP is a key strategy of the NTIS Coaching and Officiating Operational Plan to build capacity for higher achieving officials and sustainability through the Northern Territory Peak Sporting Bodies (PSB) engaging in the development of HPOP officials.
The key objectives of HPOP are:
- Officials graduating to a higher level of accreditation;
- Officials appointed to higher levels within their sport;
- Officials contributing back to the NT sporting community;
- Development of officiating mentors within sports; and
- Encouraging and establishing best practice official development systems within each PSB.
The HPOP will provide development opportunities to targeted officials and mentors, and build the capacity of PSBs officiating pathways via:
- Upgrading officiating accreditation/qualifications;
- Participation in professional development activities (e.g. attendance at seminars, exposure to high level officiating and related debriefings);
- The development and implementation of long term high performance officiating development pathways and initiatives, by participating PSBs;
- Facilitated exchange of information and expertise between officials, through targeted activities and forums, that will create an elite network of officials not only within each sport, but across sport;
- Support to attend and gain experience at high level competitions;
- Engagement in formal mentor/mentee relationships; and
- The provision of a development program for mentors of the HPOP.
The High Performance Officiating Program (HPOP) relies upon a formal mentoring relationship agreement that is mutually beneficial for each HPOP official and mentor. The HPOP official will be required to work with a mentor for the duration of 2018.
If you would like get involved mentoring in the High Performance Officiating Program please contact the Coaching and Officiating Consultant.
2018 High Performance Officiating Program
The selected officials for 2018 are:
For more information on Officiating contact:
Phone: (08) 8922 6841